Friday, February 13, 2004

Get cracking!

Following the arrival of the beer poster, Ruddy Ruddy's culinary adventures continued last night with the arrival of a thick envelope from the Ontario Egg Producers. I'd like to mock the contents, but frankly, I've been presented with the most amazing collection of egg-related knowledge that I've ever seen. I'm impressed and even grateful for all the useful info.

For example, do you know what the size category of egg below "small" is (less than 42 g)? I do now: It's "peewee". Among other things, I can now tell you more than you want to know about the anatomy of an egg, the differences between the different commercial grades, the nutritional value and health benefits of eating eggs, and what the colour of the yolk indicates about the hen's diet. Here's just a sampling of the pamphlets and brochures included: Eggs ... So Many Choices, Cholesterol Clues, and Bringing Fats into Focus.

They didn't include anything explaining why they sent all this egg information, but I do have a pretty good idea who passed them Ruddy Ruddy's name: the Chicken Farmers of Ontario, who named Ruddy Ruddy an Official Ontario Chicken Lover back in December. So this actually solves the old riddle about which comes first -- the chicken or the egg. For Ruddy Ruddy, it's the chicken.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home