Thursday, April 15, 2004

Ruddy Ruddy receives a middle-class package

Ruddy Ruddy has had a nice run of packages being delivered, and it continues with the one I received today. Consisting of a small box sealed inside a thick, black, opaque plastic bag, it instantly evoked mystery. What could it be? Surely something good to deserve its weatherproof wrapper. Shaking it revealed little. Could it be jewelry? Cookies?

No. It's a box of Fresh Scent Electrasol 2in1 Tabs with Jet-Dry PowerBall. (That makes the bag make sense; if a box of dishwasher detergent got rained on, it'd quickly become a sodden mass of limp cardboard and grainy suds.) And with this, we learn a little more demographic detail about Ruddy Ruddy: He must be richer than I am, because he has a machine to do his dirty work instead of having to wash his dishes by hand.

I know what you're thinking: "But wait -- maybe Ruddy Ruddy is simply lazier than you." Untrue. I hardly ever do my dishes anymore. I simply get my housemate's boyfriend to do them whenever he comes over. So I suppose it's possible that Ruddy Ruddy is just less cunning than I am, or maybe less willing to take advantage of people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home